Tuesday, January 5

Lazy Days

Happy new year peeps!

Although I am back at work this week : ( I did manage to fit in a few very lazy and introspective days over my holiday break.

During that time, whiling the days away with Nicholson Baker, I found myself wishing for either a hammock, or a suitably comfortable and beautiful chair to suit my mood and location, from Gold Coast poolside , to Pyrmont Balcony, to Carlton Courtyard... Either of these two beautiful examples would have fitted my bill perfectly, as well as allowing me to fully indulge my spare-time self!

Having recently (semi) recovered from an extended bout of writers block, and begun a (very rough) outline for a book idea that has been plaguing me for a while now, the need for a separate 'relaxation zone' within my apartment is becoming paramount... Honestly though, perhaps that should really read: the need for a 'work zone' within my apartment is becoming paramount...

I continue to be amazed by my ability to house both the most impatient and the most lazy people within the one body...

The 'Nook' chair by Henry Scourakis (via Yanko Design) - and yes, I will take one with the added accessory...

The 'Murakami' chair by Rochus Jacob (via DesignBoom). This one is especially amazing because it generates electricity for the lamp by the motion of rocking the chair.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Took me time to read the whole article, the article is great but the comments bring more brainstorm ideas, thanks.

- Johnson

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a really nice post. In idea I would like to put in writing like this additionally - taking time and actual effort to make a very good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate alot and by no means seem to get something done.